May 26, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Elburn Lions Club
500 Filmore St.
REDISTRICTING in Kane County
GENEVA, IL – Kane County Board Chairman Corinne Pierog will hold five Town Hall meetings throughout the county to gather community input on redistricting.
Kane County residents and representatives of organizations within Kane County will each be allowed five minutes to offer public comment during the Town Hall meetings. Formal presentations will also be accepted and will be posted on the county website.
Pierog said redistricting happens every 10 years following the U.S. Census and is vitally important to Kane County because it determines fair representation for Kane County’s 24 County Board Districts.
“The quality of your representation — the policies that the government enacts — is affected by district boundaries,” she said. “We want the residents of Kane County to participate in helping draw those lines.”
Each Town Hall will be livestreamed to the Kane County YouTube channel. All residents wishing to speak must do so in-person.
The five Town Hall meetings will take place at the following times, dates, and locations:
• 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 25 — The Prisco Center, 150 W. Illinois Ave., Aurora.
• 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 26 — Elburn Lions Club, 500 Filmore St., Elburn.
• 6 p.m. Thursday, May 27 — Adult Activities Center, 665 Barrington Ave., Carpentersville.
• 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 2 — Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva. (This session will be conducted via Zoom and in-person. Zoom login information will be posted on the Kane County website homepage prior to the event.)
• 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 9 — Hampshire Township, 170 Mill Ave., Hampshire
If you would like additional information about this topic, please call Franklin Ramirez at (847) 815-7861 or email RamirezFranklin@co.kane.il.us